Many times going to school or university can be a bit tedious and we don’t feel like going. But after knowing the stories of these cursed schools and universities, you’ll love that yours is free of ghosts and paranormal phenomena. Here is my ranking:
1. Circular school in Hokkaido, Japan: in its beginnings it was a very good school, however many years later it had to be abandoned thanks to paranormal phenomena they lived there. Things moved by themselves, there were chilling screams and even shadows were seen there.
It’s said that many people thanks to paranormal activity began to feel ill, several students and some teachers killed themselves and the school became more bewitching. If you want to visit the ruins of this place, you have to be careful because you can go crazy or dissappear forever.
2. Tak tak school, Hong-Kong: it was abandoned in 90’s completely, it was built in the center of a cemetery, at the time it was working one of the teachers committed suicide, she was wearing a red dress during that day. Since then they can see her spirit roam the corridors and a lot of paranormal beings lurking the place.
In 2001 some students decided to do a paranormal investigation, however something went wrong and everyone went crazy. One of them tried to commit suicide and since then they couldn’t live their life normally. National Geographic made a documentary about this place.
3. Chopticon high school, United States: paranormal activity began in 1983. On a normal afternoon, when children left the facility, a teacher stayed working late, Mrs. Heather was so busy that she didn’t realize about a man was approaching her with dire intentions.
Lester Broome was the school janitor and he approached her and stabbed her several times until murders her. Then he dragged her through the corridors to leave her locked in a bathroom. He was convicted and imprisoned. It was rumored he was in love with Mrs. Heather and in view of her continued refusal, this man decided to ends her life.
She has never hurt anyone. She doesn’t ask anything, her cries aren’t heard. Her presence isn’t threatening either. The ghost that wanders through Chopticon school is wrapped in sensations and smells as well. Students say, there are certain places of school where sadness and grief “suffocate”. It’s an uncomfortable malaise that becomes more intense when someone enters in bathroom where the teacher was abandoned lifeless.
There are days, when all students are in classes, then they can hear some high heels going through the corridor. When they open doors, they don’t see anything, they don’t see anyone, but according to many people, they can feel a woman’s parfum.
4. Nagasaki University, Japan: it was built in 1949, although medical faculty was created in 1857. The events in this place happen due to one of biggest disaaters happened during the Second World War. On August 9, 1945, United States dropped an atomic bomb in the city, resulting in more than 80,000 people dead. This university was located just 600 meters from epicenter of the attack and was virtually destroyed, around 800 people including students, doctors and other professionals were on campus that tragic day and of course, they lost their lives.
Due the horrifying way in which they died, it’s not surprising for many people see the ghost of victims haunting the place, which was rebuilt in 1950. After years of this tragic event, students, employees and visitors have reported hearing chilling screams and weepings as well, they feel aroma of burned flesh, which intensifies on each anniversary of the attack.
5. Preston school, United States: also known as Preston Castle, this facility was built during the year 1890 and it was open in 1894 to provide rehabilitation for younger offenders. During its 66 years of operation, some of its residents and staff died on the premises.
One of its infamous deaths, was the death of a nurse in 1950’s. She was brutally beaten by an inmate who kicked her to death. Residents who passed away on the premises were often buried in a cemetery belonging to the castle. It’s believed that these deaths are the sources of ghosts in Preston Castle. Several strange noises emanate from unknown places, cold spots and intense feelings of fear an anxiety are experienced by visitors in this castle.
6. Gujarat technological university, India: it was built in 2007. In summer of 2013 administrative staff as well, security staff began to listen to what appeared to be a woman crying, but when they went to search the noise source they found no one. Over time the ghost became more active and annoying.
The staff claim about doors open and close violently themselves, and they can hear how folders move being dumped on floor and when they’re going to check nothing is out of place. The paranormal events were so continuous and terrifying that staff security began to be absent due of nerves and excessive fear they felt.
A security guard reported feeling a spooky ghostly presence while he was inside the elevator and according to reports he was never the same again. No one knows what attracted this paranormal gosht inside the university, but people who tried to hide this facts are still in contact with priests to get rid of the unwanted guest, but until now they can’t achieve it.
7. Pocatello high school, United States: it’s considered one of the institutions with more paranormal events in all America. After the school was empty on December 19, 2014, the images recorded by surveillance cameras of the school confirmed that something suspicious and out of this world was present in the building, in the video you can see how the Hallway lights turn off and then turn on randomly before a ghostly image comes out of one of the doors and walks down the corridor, which again goes out again.
Both students and school staff say, they often see mysterious shadows and hear disturbing voices in the auditorium, changing rooms and hallways. Paranormal investigators contacted by the institution, discovered school caught fire in 1914, before it re-opened its doors in 1918, a total of 6 people have died at school including a child who drowned in the pool accidently and there have been reports about a group of girls would have carried out a suicide path there.
8. University St. Andrews, Scotland: it shelters within its walks two of most popular ghosts of the country. The monk and the lady in white. These appeared in the ruins of medieval cathedral and cemetery belonging to the University.
The ghostly monk dressed in a monk’s complete suit, has been seen by visitors raising the St. Rule tower. It’s possible to say that this ghost is “friendly” since he usually appears asking to visitors if they need help and makes sure they find safe passages. Then we could find the Lady in white, which has been described as a woman with long hair wearing a white dress.
She’s known for floating along the ground before disappearing in front of the tower, it’s believed she’s the ghost of a young woman whose body was found by stonemasons in 1868. The men were working to restore part of the church when they found a hidden room in the tower full of coffins, the only opened coffin, it had the intact body of a beautiful young woman wearing a white silk dress.
9. Kecoughtan high school, United States: all started in 1960 when headmaster’s school vanished and died instantly. Since then, every year at least one student suffers an accident.
The causes of death have included murders, suicides, accidents, heart attacks and so on. Many decided to change school, but the curse continues, for example the ex student Emily who woke up dead in her bed.
It’s believed that the main reason for so many misfortunes is that the building is built on an native phanteon of the tribe that formerly inhabited the area, and for which the school has its name, Kecoughtan.
10. Brownsville University, United States: it was built on a cemetery dating from before the Second World War, evidently after this, there are many bodies of soldiers and people who fought in this war. Ghosts and paranormal events are constant.
People who study there say lights turn on and off constantly, taps that open and close themselves, the furniture move by themselves and even the TV turns off and on itself, there are people who say they see shadows vanishing between walls, and also see spirits of children playing in the park.
Have nice week!